Sunday 10 November 2013

Day 3 - Sunday off to Merimbula NSW

After a good weekend it was time to move on..1hour and a half on to Merimbula via Bega and Tarthra

Tarthra has a great look out..







Due to impending two days of rain I canned the camping idea and booked into a hostel..
Surprising 50/50 seniors travellers to young here....I think I'm still the latter

On the way I saw a caravan who lost its wheel while travelling...poor old couple searching for it in a paddock. I felt sorry for them. How that could happen who knows ...

Next saw an old guy miles from nowhere on a bike. Two bag one on each front wheel and a back pack. I thought he was mad too be on the road with semis albeit off the main highway.....

I then met this old guy at the hostel....64years old from Denmark. Here for five weeks riding 4000plus kilometres rain hail or shine....agghhhhh..it was him ...what a wimp am I ...and...he has no safety gear.
No EPIRB ..no satellite phone ..no first aid kit ...no extra water ...aagghhh have I over catered...?..
Hang on he doesn't even have a mobile....Hmmmmm...maybe he's wrong.
He is bloody fit.  

Tommy would be too lonely for me to take a bike now

Off to Eden in the morning to see whales....yay 

Photos to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment