Wednesday 13 November 2013

Day 6 - Wednesday - Croydon- Mooroolbark - Back to where I spent my younger years

Today with the rain still pouring I drove back to my first home where I lived until I was 13.

I have early memories of our street (which was dirt) and the milkman's draft horse ..a Clydsdale moving up the street. If the horse got too far ahead, the milkman would whistle and the horse would stop awaiting his next command.  Of course the street got bitumen over the years we were there and the trees have since grown.

Today the street is the much the same. Some old houses have, gone replaced with new buildings and developers are buying and building new homes in the back yards of existing houses. Our back yards where large.


40 years since I left, fortunately our old house still stands, my mates Dougs is still there, ( although with a house in his back yard) and the local milk bar is down the road.  Unfortunately my State school is no longer, which appears to be recently sold to developers........

Todd Court Croydon
The Hoult house...1962 to 1974


Todd Court Croydon
What was Mooroolbark Primary school


The side service road to the five ways off Lincoln Road

The Five Ways Milk Bar
The Drew House

1 comment:

  1. OMG that milk bar has not changed since we were kids a couple of years or so ago(maybe a few more)-the old house looks better

    ReplyDelete