Tuesday 12 November 2013

Day 5 - Tuesday - Too much rain off to Melbourne


Rain in Merimbula

I spent a wet morning in Merimbula shopping.  I appreciate the things we take for granted living in a big city when I cant buy a usb cable for my camera in this town. I was told to go to Bega.

A huge low is sitting over Victoria so not much point planning camping. I really wanted to stop in the national park at Mallacootta near the Victorian border and setup the tent for the first time but not so.  I have heaps of time and we need the rain so no worries.

I spent 7 hours driving through forests and beautiful country side, (even in the rain) today to get to Melbourne. 
Taking the Princes highway, with hardly any traffic is so enjoyable driving

Got to cross the snowy river too..




                     Staying with Paul for a few days and off to the Victorian high country with him for the weekend.

Interesting I passed my old cyclist friend peddling in the downpour today at least 50k to the next town. I wanted to pull over and offer him a lift but no room for his bike. 


I suppose he is on his journey and I am on mine. So be it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment