Sunday 27 April 2014

270414 - Strahan to Strathgordon via Queenstown.

Today I drove for approx. 5 hours to as far west as I could drive, ( on bitumen ) into the wilderness. Its on Pedder lake at Strathgordon.

I stayed at a wonderful hotel that used to be a place that the soldiers would stay for R&R in the early days. I gather that was in the 1940s.

The scenery on the drive was wonderful as usual.

I also had my first site of a Tasmanian Devil running across the road. Wasn't fast enough with the Camera.



Just outside Queenstown Tas.





Lake Burbury 









The following are taken near and on Lake Pedder where i stayed.


The view from my room. Sorry about the window frame.




Today I lost my great friend. RIP Fluffy. 
Driving alone for the day was a nice way to reflect on the past.



No comments:

Post a Comment