Friday 25 April 2014

250414 Drive the west coast - sorry about all the fungus

Last night I had booked into an Eco Resort at Lemonthyme.  This was about 30km from Cradle Mountain and up and 8km dirt road.  There was no phone reception, very bad internet reception and no TVs.   The resort had been built out of timer and log cabins to enjoy the remote location.


With a fire in my room it was a nice way to spend the night after such a cold day. I also had a spa albeit the bathroom really had come out of the 1980s.


At $290 per night I only stayed one and moved on today.  No cheap hotels near Cradle Mountain.
Its the type of place to stay with a partner if your looking for remote and no distractions.
Lucky for me i have my laptop and series 3 of Game of Thrones.







Next i stopped off at a historical cemetery where many graves are from the late 1890s. Just shows you even most graves to into disrepair after 100 years or more.


So many graves of the Unknown. The names have either worn away or disappeared totally. Sad.



 From Lemonthyme i travelled to Waratah falls where is stopped for a quick lunch and view the falls.


Driving further the next stop was not planned I but just swung in when I saw one of the familiar brown tourist signs. Well how glad am I that I did. 

Philopophers falls is a 1 hour return walk through the most amazing forest. Its about 15mins on the right heading for Corrina. I think this should be called the Enchanted forest.  From mushrooms and toadstools..or should is say variety of Fungi,  to wonderful moss covering nearly all of the tree trunks. It was so mystical.











































Then off again to my next destination, on to Corrina on would white dirt roads, then to cross the savage river by ferry.







And another tourist site. The publican was murdered by the locals??

Next to Granville harbour for a look at the coast





Whats going on here??





Next off to my accommodation at YHA in Strahan for two nights.
The room is a chalet at $85 per night but this time no bathroom. Might i say its a bit of a hut but cute though. Its too cold to play in tents.




No comments:

Post a Comment