Wednesday 16 April 2014

160414 - off to Wangaratta

Today I said good bye to my brother Ian as he drove back to the Gold Coast to go back to work.

I headed south over the Victorian border to stay with my Grandfathers, Brothers, Daughter...... think about it. Chris and her husband Rod have owned the Ned Kelly museum for 25+ years in Glenrowan.
Pay it a visit and mention my name if your passing.

Chris and Rod hosted me for a wonderful dinner, a bed for the night, ( nice to out of the tent)  and some reminiscence of the past.

The next day I drove to Moyhu and went to our Great Grandfathers property, beside the lane named after him. Aquired around 1920, he owned a 400 acre property grazing cattle, where my grandfather and his brothers worked on.  Originally from Liverpool, i don't know why he came out here with his wife and kids.....



The original house where the current owner, Ian for the last 25 years has added eves and aluminium siding.







The original name of the farm hasn't changed.


142 Hoult Lane Moyhu


Note sure why i didn't take photos of the cows....they are still grazing on the land....albiet the farm has been divided up into 3 or more properties. The current owner Ian owns around 125 acres.

No comments:

Post a Comment