Monday 30 September 2013

The planning commences

On the 30th of September the "Touareg" arrived. ( note the strange spelling. Its correct )

In the show room


Up to the Cemetery to show Jay

The next journey in my life is to travel around many locations in Australia as was planned to occur when I retired at 57.  Late last year, Jay asked me one evening to bring this trip forward should he not survive his cancer treatment. As we all know he didn't make it....so here i go.

Tommy Touareg is my new workhorse, albeit with much luxury that i will commence my travels with. A V6 turbo diesel 180kw all wheel drive with air suspension and off road capability. Should do the job.

The Winnebago was that little to expensive and too big to start my journey.  I don't want to be a grey nomad yet, which the Winnebago or a caravan may represent......rather a bald nomad with wheels and lets see where that takes me.

To accompany Tommy I will bring my new Canon 5D mark III to document the trip, although my mobile phone has a great camera and will be used at other times when im not trying to create artistic shots.

Add a car fridge, all terrain tyres, tent yet to be purchased and I will be on my way early November 2013.

I write this blog to share my journey. Feel free to check it out once a week and see where I'm up to.

Jay will be with me in spirit on this new adventure.





No comments:

Post a Comment